This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use this. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information
During the course of our activities we will process personal data about you (which may be held on paper, electronically or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner.
WHO ARE WE?
Kendoon Housing Association (Reg. No. HAC251) is a Scottish Charity (Scottish Charity Number SCO38430), having its Registered Office at Suite 16, 3 Dalsetter Crescent, Glasgow, G15 8TG takes the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adheres to guidelines published in the [Data Protection Act of 1998] and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
We are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number Z2348622 and we are the Data Controller of any personal data that you provide to us. Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be
addressed to our registered offices.
We collect information about you when:
- You apply for housing with us, become a tenant, request services or repairs, enter into a factoring agreement with ourselves or when you provide us with your personal details
- You apply to become a member
- You enter into a payment arrangement with us (such as employment details, benefit entitlement and any other income and expenditure related information)
We collect the following information about you:
- Your personal details: name, address, date of birth
- Your contact details such as you home telephone number, mobile number and email address
- Other details: including information about your gender, ethnicity disability and marital status
- Any medical information which may be necessary for the management of your tenancy or to adequately process your application for housing
- National Insurance Number
- Next of Kin
- Tenancy details: start and end dates for any tenancy you may have had with Kendoon Housing Association and records of any rent or service payments you have made
- Information about the composition of your household including details of existing accommodation arrangements and individual(s) who may seeking accommodation with an applicant
- Details of any of your previous addresses in the past five years
- Payment details: your bank account details and any third party payment details
- Details of repairs requests that you have made including time and dates for access and when repairs have been completed
- Images: this may include photographs from events or images captured by CCTV
- Your IP address: when you access our website.
We may also record other information when you contact us or use any of the services that we provide. We may also record information about action we take e.g. in relation to anti-social behaviour so that we have an accurate record of what has happened.
Kendoon Housing Association will not collect any personal data for you that we do not need. We receive the following information from third parties:
- Benefits information, including awards of Housing Benefit/Universal Credit
- Payments made by you to us; from third party sources such as AllPay
- Complaints or other communications regarding behaviour or other alleged breaches of the terms of your agreement with us, including information obtained from Police Scotland
- Reports as to the conduct or condition of your tenancy, including references from previous tenancies and complaints of anti-social behaviour.
WHY WE NEED THIS INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND HOW IT WILL BE USED
We need to collect your personal data in order to allow us to effectively provide the housing or other services which you have requested from us.
We need your information and will use your information to:
- Undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our agreement with you
- Process applications for housing
- Sign up new tenants
- Ensure our rents are affordable and that your views have been taken into account
- Respond effectively to our customers enquiries
- Provide a high standard repairs and maintenance service
- Deliver a high quality and value for money factoring service for homeowners
- Manage payments from you and allow us to effectively manage your accounts
- Assist in the recovery of debts or if necessary court or other legal actions
- Meet our legislative and regulatory obligations including providing our annual returns and other information to regulatory bodies
- Contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our suppliers which may affect you
- Contact you for your views on our products and services including satisfaction surveys and consultations
- We also need and use your information for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will be processed only by our employees within the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA). We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- If we enter into a joint venture with or merge with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners
- If we instruct repair or maintenance works, your information may be disclosed to any contractor
- If we are investigating a complaint, information may be disclosed to Police Scotland, Glasgow City Council, Scottish Fire & Rescue Service and others involved in any complaint, whether investigating the complaint or otherwise
- If we are updating tenancy details, your information may be disclosed to third parties (such as utility companies and Glasgow City Council)
- If we are investigating payments made or otherwise, your information may be disclosed to payment processors, Glasgow City Council and the Department of Work & Pensions
- If we are conducting a survey of our products and/or services, your information may be disclosed to third parties assisting in the compilation and analysis of the survey results
- Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent
TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE UK AND EUROPE
Your information will only be stored within the UK and EEA. Where information is transferred outside the UK or EEA we will ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your information in accordance with this notice.
When you give us information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe. Only Kendoon Housing Association staff, partners and contractors who have signed data sharing agreements and who need to see your personal information will have access to it.
We will not usually retain your payment details unless you make payments to us using Direct Debit.
Our computer systems are located in our main office, however our staff may occasionally use laptops, tablet or other devices off site. In instances where devices are used remotely this will be secure and under strict control. Additionally we have the following controls in place to ensure the security of your personal information:
- All paper based records are securely locked in storage cupboards when not actively being used
- Our offices are protected by an alarm system, a security company and are monitored by CCTV
- Kendoon Housing Associations computer server is within a secure network
- All electronic communication takes place within this secure environment.
The unauthorised use of IT systems is prevented by:
- User ID
- Password assignment
- Lock screen with password activation
- Each authorised user has a private password known only to themselves
- Regular prompts for password amendments.
The following additional measures are taken to ensure the security of any data:
- Network username
- Network password
- Application username
- Application password
- Application permissions and access restricted to those who require it
HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant agreement we have with you. We will not hold information on you longer than necessary. If information is no longer required for the reasons it was obtained, it will be securely destroyed.
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information
- make a request to us to delete your personal data and object to receiving any marketing communications from us
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above, please contact us at our registered offices:
Kendoon Housing Association Limited
3 Dalsetter Crescent
Tel : 0141 944 8282
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s office in relation to our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
The accuracy of your information is important to us, please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.