Drumchapel Food Bank is set up to provide support to people who, for a range of reasons, find themselves in a sudden or unexpected financial crisis. The food bank will provide short term assistance to people in the form of food and essential household and personal hygiene supplies.
Eligibility for Support
The following is a list, although not exhaustive, of the circumstances we consider would make people eligible for our support:
- People who have had sanctions imposed on their welfare benefits
- People who have experienced a sudden loss of income e.g. due to unemployment
- People who have experienced a loss or reduction of welfare benefits
- People who have experienced a recent relationship or marital breakdown such that they are left in an immediate financial crisis
- People who have had to leave their home as a result of domestic violence or as a result of being the victim of crime
We will consider the eligibility of those who, for reasons other than those outlined above, are experiencing a sudden or short term financial crisis.
In addition to support in the form of food and other essential items, Drumchapel Food Bank will direct people and refer and signpost people to support to improve their budgeting and financial management skills, address any debt issues they may have and will seek to refer and signpost people to other additional supports deemed necessary.
Please contact our offices should you find yourself in these circumstances and the Association will make a referral for you to the foodbank.